Saturday, August 17, 2013

Park City Refund?

     So this morning we decided to head up to Park City for a little Alpine Slide adventure.  It was a little strange riding up the canyon because we were missing Kendra.  So we got there and while Jake, Megan and I were in line buying the tickets Jonathan and Nicole got a strawberry smoothy.  Then they disappeared when they came and got in line with us they said that they took the smoothy back because it had absolutely no flavor.
     We waited in line to ride the ski lift to the top of the mountain.  The weather was perfect with some really nice cloud cover.  We had fun visiting on the chair lift.  Then we got our sleds did the walk to the slides and waited in line.  We got up to the front and were putting our sleds on the slide when we felt a couple rain drops.  They immediately closed the slide because if it gets wet it is to dangerous.  They said the slide would be closed for at least an hour.  They told us that we could walk down or that suburbans would come and pick us up.  We were not able to ride the lift down because of they were on a lightening hold.  So Jake, Megan and I hiked down the mountain and Jonathan and Nicole rode in the suburban.  Once at the bottom we got a refund for the Alpine Slide.
     After this we went to a fun little hamburger joint.  We all ordered and then everyone started getting their food.  Even though I was the first to order I did not get my food.  While we were waiting Jonathan read Kendra's email to us from his phone.  (hmm a smart phone is starting to look a little tempting) Finally out came my food, it was completely charbroiled black and not in a good way.  I ended up getting my money back.  I had been eating the kids fries while I was waiting so I wasn't that hungry.
     As we were getting into the truck to drive home Jonathan asked, "So what else do you want to NOT DO?"
     It actually wasn't all that bad we had a good time just being together and it ended up being a pretty inexpensive outing.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Aw that's too bad things didn't work out. Sometimes there's days like that. At least you didn't get hit by lightning too!