Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cocoa Puffs!

On Sunday the ward mission leader came up and told me that we were having the missionaries over. Apparently in priesthood they made an announcement that they had four slots to feed the missionaries and Jake went up and volunteered.
Tonight the missionaries came over for dinner. Elder Ah Loo is from Thailand and Elder Thammaros is from Samoa. They were both very friendly and shared with us different customs from their countries and told us about their favorite foods. Elder Thammaros said that his favorite thing to eat for breakfast is Cocoa Puffs.
Jonathan said, "That's Jake's favorite thing to eat for every meal."
Then Jake said, "I know I just ate the last box yesterday."
Well Elder Thammaros then told us that he would bring us over some Cocoa puffs, because a member just gave them four boxes. I didn't really think anything of this. I actually thought he was just kidding. We finished dinner and they went on their way, and Jonathan and the three older kids went to the combined Youth Activity! I was busy cleaning up the kitchen when the phone rang it was Elder Thammaros he said, "Sister Curtis, we left some Cocoa Puffs on the front porch for your son! Thank you for dinner." I went to the door and there were two boxes of Cocoa Puffs. I was so touched by this. What wonderful missionaries, what a great example. It made me think of a favorite hymn.

"Because I have been given much I too must give.
Because of thy great bounty, Lord each day I live
I shall divide my gifts from thee with every brother that I see
Who has the need of help from me."

3 comments:

sue said...

I am so glad your back. Thanks for the fun night.

Karen said...

That's a cute story..... I know how much your family NEEDS Ceareal!!!!!

Lizzy Hortin said...

How sweet, ya gotta love those missionaries! ;)