Thursday, June 16, 2011

Answered Prayers

I can not believe how long it has been since I last blogged. I sat down to check out some blogs and then I looked at mine and I was sad to think of all the blogging opportunities I have missed. I decided to go pick a picture and do a random blog. This is the picture that came up. It is actually a little ironic, because today Nicole turned 12 years old. This is a picture of her last year on her 11th Birthday. Last year she got a camera.
Nicole had so much fun with her camera all summer and into the fall. Then one day it disappeared. She looked every where and she prayed and prayed. She went to every place that she could think of that she might have left it. Menchies (her favorite yo-gurt place), Cafe Rio, Bingahm High School (because she would take her camera to Kendra's games), her school, church, family, friends. She really looked everywhere and then she would pray some more. She was so frustrated with this. She told me one day mom I really am trying to have a lot of faith, I just don't know if my prayer is going to be answered. I talked to her and told her sometimes prayers aren't answered the way we want them to be, but all prayers are answered.
It was nearly 5 months later I was cleaning out a couple boxes that were left in the garage from when we remodeled the kitchen, and there in a bag was her camera. She was happy that she got the answer that she wanted to her prayer.
Five months is a long time to wait for an answer to a prayer when you are 11 years old. It would be easy to forget that you were praying about this and seeking help and guidance. This makes me think about how long we as adults sometimes have to wait for our answers. Do we still have faith? Do we have patience? Do we remember that with God all things are possible? When we get those long awaited answers to our prayers, do we remember to kneel down and show gratitude to our Heavenly Father?

"...the prayers of his servants might be answered according to their faith."
Mosiah 27:14

4 comments:

Karen said...

That's a good post! Love ya!!!

Melissa said...

Jenny I've missed you. I've checked every now and then to see if you're still around in the blogging world!

Jacynthe said...

This was a lesson about both patience and prayer :) Glad you shared this.

Lizzy Hortin said...

What a sweet story. Sometimes it is hard to remember that our prayers are not always answered the way we expect them to be, but theya are always answered!