Friday, February 27, 2009

Warning!!!!!!

     I know I have not posted for a long time, and I have  a million things to post about.  Our fun New Year celebration at the new cabin, my new year resolutions (maybe I will just wait until next year for that one), our cruise, Megan's Birthday, our trip to the Draper Temple open house, going to New Mexcio, and whole lot of other stuff.  Yet, I feel that this post needed to take precedence.

**WARNING**
Kendra past the test and 
has her learners permit.

     She got it on Thursday.  She was so excited to start doing a little driving.  I took her to an empty neighborhood to get a little practice.  Oh my goodness, talk about a ride on the Wild Mouse!  This was very scary for me.  A lot of people have told me I look really young for my age well not anymore, I figure for about every 10 minutes of driving with Kendra I am going to age 5 years.  Considering she has to drive for 40 hours before she can get her license, I will be looking my age in no time at all.  Unfortunately, I have three other kids who want to get their licenses.  Man, if you do the math, I am going to look ancient before I even turn 40.  No facial cream can solve this problem, we're talking major worry lines here.

     These are a few of the comments Kenda has made:

  • Do I have to stop at that stop sign?
  • Other cars scare me.
  • Now how do I make the wheel turn the right way?
  • Should I put on my blinker on?
  • I like to drive in the middle of the road (this was after I told her to stay on the right side of the road)
  • I keep thinking I am going to get the brake and the gas pedal mixed up.
  • Driving is so much fun.
  • I don't like busy roads
  • I don't want to hit the curb
  • When can we go driving again? (This is the question that scares me the most)
     

12 comments:

Lizzy Hortin said...

Congrats Kendra! And Jenny you are very brave, my Mom would not even drive with me when I got my learners permit...come to think of it she still won't drive with me!

Rebecca said...

Good luck, I am still scared to drive with any of my kids, and OH MY GOODNESS.....it just this minute occured to me.......in 2 years my Jake will be driving.......OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Carson said...

That is so fun Maybe Bryan could take her driving, maybe the Viper? Lol like Bryan would let that happen. That is so fun I bet she loves that you will take her. Good times, Good times!!!

brittani c. said...

Are those comments for real? I mean, if she really passed the test for a learner's permit and is still asking all those questions, she must have passed it by the seat of her pants. (Are you sure her natural hair color isn't blonde?)
Kendra, just so you know, every time you see a stop sign, it means stop. I'm giving ya a hard time...I know what it's like to be learning how to drive. I made my own mom a nervous wreck. And she made me more of a nervous wreck when I was driving in the car with her. Good luck on the roads and SLOW down!!

Melissa said...

Way to go Kendra. Maybe she should just drive with her Dad because I hated driving with my Mom. She was so nervous it made me super nervous!

Karen said...

Ooooh Dad's are way scarier to drive with!!! You should drive with your Aunt Karen...oh, wait I still ask myself some of those questions!!! Maybe we can learn together... Although BIG trucks scare me and I still can't parallel park.... For those of you reading this "Yes, I'm blond!" Good luck Kendra... Call me any time!!!

Jacynthe said...

Oh, the pleasures of teaching a teenager to drive :) I make Dale do most of it because you can image what kind of basket case I am sitting in the passenger's seat!!!

Karen said...

Some awnsers to Kendras Questions...
Do I have to stop at that stop sign?
Only is you see a cop.

Other cars scare me.
Just stay away from them

Now how do I make the wheel turn the right way?
Put a ring on your left finger...If someone saye left, you'll know to turn the wheel on the side your ring is...


Should I put on my blinker on? If you have time...

I like to drive in the middle of the road.Just pretend you are turning (Left)

I keep thinking I am going to get the brake and the gas pedal mixed up. This is kind of tricky I wish I had an answer


Driving is so much fun. exspecially when you want to go to Cafe Rio

I don't like busy roads. Grandma knows all the "little cow trails"

I don't want to hit the curb. Another tricky one, just stay in the middle of the road...

When can we go driving again? As soon as you learn.....

Kathy said...

Kendra I will go driving with you, I took all my girls to really cool places. the church parking lot, Karen liked to drive on the side walk there. Oh and the Cottonwood High drivers training course. it was way fun. It's really important to drive a cool car when learning to drive instead of a mini van. the Viper sounds cool enough. Congrats love Grandma

Jennybug said...

Karen you are so funny. Your answers are perfect. Grandma really does know all the cow trails. Thanks for always making my blog look so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kendra and Good Luck Jenny!! I say send Jonathan out, my mom always had my dad teach us because he was more laid back. For some reason moms are always nervous... or at least mine was!!

Andrew said...

Is living in Ohio far enough away to assure my safety? Probably. But I still might keep my eye out for a shorty driving in the middle of the road.