Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fishy Smoothy!


The doorbell rang and when Kendra opened it she found this vase with about 24 fish swimming around. There were gold fish crackers sprinkled all over the porch, with a note that said, "Of all the fishes in the sea, would you go to Junior Prom with me."

Well Nicole was really excited to have some more fish. (Our fish "Candy Cane" had finally died, about a month ago). We got rid of the fish bowl, apparently we did not get rid of the food. Nicole kept feeding them. Jake kept putting his big man hands in the little vase, fishing out the dead fish and flushing them down the toilet. These fish were dropping like flies.

The next morning we were down to about 15 fish. All day Saturday we kept finding floaters and Jake kept flushing them. It was late Saturday night, Kendra was on a date, Jake and I were watching T.V. and Jonathan was repairing the stair railing. Jonathan came down to the kitchen to get something.

Then he announces, "the fish are gone!" In the background we hear the garbage disposer going.

I shriek, "Jonathan, you didn't?"

Jake yells, "Dad, why didn't you call me over to watch!"

Kendra comes home and Jake tells her what happened. Kendra says, "You blended my fish, I can't believe you blended my fish."

Jonathan responds, "They were all dying anyway, I just put them out of their misery."

Then we all had a debate whether it is better to flush a fish and let him die a long slow death swimming around in the sewers or as Kendra says, to blend them.

I told Jonathan I was completely grossed out and he would have to do the dishes for the rest of the week.

He said, "You put raw chicken down the disposer."

I replied back, "I have never put a live chicken down the disposer."


5 comments:

Karen said...

That is so sad... I remember when Mike thew my fish down the sewer (As if that wasn't mean enough he had to play Dr. Demento's fish head song by door as I cried) For about a week I dumped fish food down the sewer drains.... Then I think Mom had a little talk with me and broke the news that the fish was gone!!!! I can't imagine having Jonathan for a Brother "blending" is way more traumatizing!!!!

Lizzy Hortin said...

Aww poor fish!!! That's the trouble with goldfish though, they never last.

Melissa said...

Oh NO! I've never wanted a fish because I would not know how to dispose of it in the end.

Jacynthe said...

one word- "guys"!!!!

Rebecca said...

Well, my friend's boys "vacuumed" up their hamster!