Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cactus Pear

     Today I bought a cactus pear at the grocery store.  I always think it is fun to try new foods.  This was disgusting, it had no flavor.  The question is, "Did I get a bad cactus pear or do they all taste this way?"
     I will never know unless I am in the desert starving.  Because I am definitely not going back to Harmons and paying  another 69 cents for one.
     However, if any one is in the desert and sees this cactus, remember the cactus pear is edible. (and it is a good source of fiber, isn't everything that tastes bad)

8 comments:

Jacynthe said...

You know, maybe it wasn't ripe enough or it was too ripe. Kinda like black or green bananas. Except, you don't know what colours to look for with this funky pear :/

Rebecca said...

That is a strange food. My Jake loves trying new things from the store! It's hard to tell, maybe you just got a "bad" one, like you sometimes do with an apple or orange, who knows..........

Karen said...

Why the heck do you want fiber when you are stranded in the dessert.... There aren't many bushes around and you could get poked!!! OUCH!!!

Lizzy Hortin said...

You should try star fruit! It's pretty tasty!

brittani c. said...

It was gross? I've had prickly pear jam and it was very tasty.

Melissa said...

The people in the desert probably don't have a lot to eat and the cactus pear is probably the best they have.

Karen said...

Really.... This can't be the most exciting thing in your life right now... Can it????

**** You need to blog!!!

Karen said...

Hi Jenny.... Wish you were blogging!!! I had fun with you the other night!!!