Friday, May 30, 2008

Comma Crazy


I think that I am probably using way too many commas, the thing is that I think if my daily life was published into a manuscript, there would be a ton of commas, not just because of my love for the comma but because of all that I do each day.  For Example: 

Today I loaded the dishwasher, picked up the house, started a load of laundry, washed off the counter, read, checked the calendar, showered, made my bed, (I actually haven't done that yet, but I plan on doing it later) I am doing a little blogging, and then I have to go pick up the girls from my moms.

Another reason I think that I am in love with commas is because I think that my life sometimes resembles a run on sentence, now I know that run on sentences are a no no, so I think I feel that I can justify my run on sentences if  I put enough commas in my sentence.  I know, I know, it doesn't make it read any better, all it is, is a run on sentence with a bunch of commas in it.

Well as you read my blog don't get to stressed when you see commas all over the place,  in fact, when you see that comma, think of it as a little interruption in my life, maybe the phone rang, perhaps I remembered that I had to go pay a bill, it is quite possible I had to go break up an argument, or someone asked me to fix their hair, who knows.

Just be glad that I have spellcheck!  (There's an idea "comma-check" I will email Apple as soon as I get around to it)

3 comments:

Jacynthe said...

You,are,funny!!!

Karen said...

I also share a love for the comma, I can't believe we have so much in COMMA...

Brittany said...

This was a great post! I think you are the only person on earth who can write 3 paragraphs about commas and still make it interesting. (Should there be a comma in that sentence?)