Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Runner Girls Wanted!

I have a new love, running!!! I know, it is really weird! When I hear myself say it, or even read I think to myself, "What the Heck, are you mental! You Jenny Curtis, enjoy running?" I do not even know how this happened, but it did and I am loving it. I ran my first 5K two weeks ago, it was sponsored by , "Running with Angels". I had so much fun that I did another one Saturday, it was sponsored by "Envision Lending", and you guessed it I am doing one this Saturday, also. This one is for an Eagle Scout project in Karen's ward, they are meeting down by the Jordan River bottom.

This was my first race. I ran the 5K which is 3.2 miles in 31.27 minutes. I came in 179 out of 760 people. There were 89 women in my age group and I came in number 11. This was so much fun. I ran the race with my friend Tari, it was at Thanksgiving point and it was so beautiful. I would recommend this race to anyone who is thinking about doing a 5K.

This was my 2nd 5K. This one was a little different, they weren't into statistics. I was lucky to get my time, which after asking several people, I was told the time of 33 minutes. So I was a little bit slower. Why? I came to these conclusions:
  1. Running against the wind slowed me down.
  2. They were having trouble with the timer.
  3. I forgot to eat my Wheaties.
  4. I ran slower.
The fun thing about this 5K is that my friend Stacy and I both won raffle prizes. I won the Indiana Jones trilogy on DVD, and she won some tram passes to Snowbird. We also got to run, which is way fun!!! So if anyone wants to join me, I will be lacing up my shoes again this Saturday.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Jenny! I admire you because I hate to run! I wish I could do it but I get so bored... unless I am in the cinema room at Gold's gym... then I can do it! What a great goal for you and I am glad you enjoy running your heart out!

sue said...

Jenny you are so cute and full of energy! There are not enought Thank You's in this world to let you know how much I appreciate you and all you do for our family. Keep on running girlfriend!

Rebecca said...

You go girl!!!!!

anderson's said...

I am soo proud of you! Good job!

Genevieve said...

wow way to go jenny! way impressed :)

Kathy said...

Jenny know one knows but I too have a desire to RUN! I have now run to Rebecca's house five times to meet her and then we walk for an hour each night. But I really want to become a runner! I know it's probably weird at my age but who knows.....RUN JENNY RUN......

Jacynthe said...

Dude, I have problems with my back, so running isn't someting I do much anymore. That's right, when I was a youngen, I used to run. Never did a marathon though. So proud of you!! Keep it up!

Melissa said...

Way to go! I want to be a better runner too!

Karen said...

OK, I will only run 5K's with you that are by my house....That way if I get tired I can ditch out and go home!!!!

sue said...

We need to start a runnning and walking club. It sounds like you have some interested people! Who knows what you have started.