Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Host


You might be wondering where I have been?  I have been reading the new Stephanie Meyer book, The Host.  I finished it up tonight, so I will do a real post tomorrow.  I just wanted to share a funny comment that Megan made.  She came in last night while I was reading and told me that she didn't want to be rude, but that she didn't really like it when I was reading all the time.  Then she quickly added, "but I do hope you like that book mom", what a cutie.  

"I don't like to read, 
because it is anti-social."
Karen Petersen

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

That's funny Jenny! My kids know I am always reading. One thing, now they are older and can read themself, they love getting their book they are reading, and they come cuddle up by me and we both read our books. Jake likes that.

Jennybug said...

I usually always have something I am reading, but certain books have away of monopolizing my life! I mean this book was over 600 pages and I read it over the three day week-end. I wish I could be more of a casual reader, but some books really get me hooked.

Karen said...

I am so flattered that you used my quote. although you forgot the last part: " I don't like reading because it is an anti-social waste of time"

Melissa said...

Looks like a good book, I'll have to give it a try. Maybe I'll start a book lover's blog since I love reading so much!

Melissa said...

Guess what? I started a book lover's blog with my mom!

Jacynthe said...

I tend to wait for the movie to come out. Then I rent it at McDonald's for a dollar! :)

Anonymous said...

Ohhh... I have heard such good things about this book but I am waiting for the right time so I can read it without putting out my hubby... isn't that so funny!!

Brittany said...

I just posted about this book too! I couldn't put it down. And I know for a fact that karen has read the other 3 Stephanie Meyer books. Everyone needs to be antisocial sometimes.