This was one of the best 5K's ever, I ran it with my sister Karen. She totally cracks me up. I picked her up at 7:00 am , I have never seen her look so tired. We drove to the race and and got checked in. She leaned over and said, "I am getting more excited, I can see about 15 people I think I can dust." It made me laugh so hard. I told her looks can be deceiving. The run was really pretty it was along the South Jordan River trail. I was so proud of Karen. She pretty much ran the whole way with a little bit of encouragement and prodding. Right when we got to the turn around we looked behind us and the Police Academy was chasing us (they were really just running behind us). This was so hilarious. I told Karen to imagine that they were "the others" on Lost, and that they were chasing us. I kept telling her to run faster, so that they wouldn't catch us. She was saying "I can't I am not as strong as thy are." I said, "of course you're not as strong as they are, they grew up on the island." We had so much fun laughing and running. I think that we actually ended up dusting about 5 people, a couple looked like they might have had knee injuries though.
"In running, it doesn't matter whether you come
in first,in the middle of the pack, or last.
You can say 'I have finished.
There is a lot of satisfaction in that."
I am so glad that Karen ran this with me. Who's next? (There is an endurance run next week in Draper!)
3 comments:
See my post on my blog for the
uncoated sugar version!
Just kidding I did have fun...I'm just suffering the consequences today, as in I can't even walk because I am so sore!!!
It sounds like you two had fun but now I really interested to see what Karen wrote about the run! Good for you two little runners!!
All I have to say is that Karen must really love you!
Post a Comment