
I mean, think about it everyone is trying to serve up their best piece of pie. I know that I try to blog about somewhat, cheerful and inspiring topics. I try to avoid serving up cowpie.
For example these are a few topics that I have chosen not to post on:- How many times I yelled at my kids ( just today)
- A current listing of who is grounded
- How long it takes me to get going in the morning
- How dirty my house is
- Attending the maturation program
- Who's bugging me (you might be on the list)
- A list of all the things I should do
- Why I don't want to do anything on my list
- Who left the toilet seat up
- What I'm not going to cook for dinner tonight
Remember try to avoid, "the grass is greener on the other side of the fence" situations. While the grass may be greener, often it's AstroTurf®, and all you get is rug burn."

Well, I was going to be so good today and try to eat really healthy and now all I can think about is eating pie. The sad thing is I am to lazy to make a pie. Does anyone know where I can get a really yummy piece a pumpkin pie, that tastes just like my moms?
10 comments:
You are so cute Jenny! I love your blog and now... I am craving a really good banana cream pie! Making one just might be my Saturday afternoon activity now, instead of cleaning... :)
Hey Jenny! It's good to be blogging again! Thanks for this post, I really love it. There's so many times I look at other people's blog and I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't do this anymore since my life isn't as exciting as every one else's. As for me I do try to be positive for my blog but I put my true feelings down in my journal.
So, This is pretty interesting because a long time ago I had two journals. one was for all the positive in my life and the other was full of well you know the not so positive... Then I got to thinking what if all someone ever read about me was the negative journal (that would just be sad) so I stopped doing that and try to write a more positive journal and blog, while I still think it's good to write about your struggles, I think you can do it in a more positive way than the way I was.
I'm not craving pie so much as I am cake!!!
"Pie, pie, I love pie!" I can't think of pie without thinking of the movie, "Michael." It just makes you want to sing about pie!
I love this post! I have thought the same. You can make anything look anyway you want. I think it is so good to remember this. NO ONE has a fairy tale life, NO ONE! There is always more to the story than we see! I do have to admit that I like it when I hear some "real life" story, not just the bragging, we're perfect kind of posts you read here and there!
Jenny,
you always crack me up!!! my list is similar to yours, except I still have a lot of weeds to pull. It's Sunday, I can hear them through the window, calling my name. Teasing me 'cause I didn't get them yesterday. The day wasn't long enough to get them all!!
That is so funny you posted this, i have been thinking of starting another blog that won't be passed down to my kids... that way I can post the real stuff!
BTW: I HATED the maturation presentations!
I actually LOVE blogs with the REAL stuff, makes me think the person is REAL!
I love your post! It's the best! Sorry I have been M.I.A. but I am back! PS...Marie Calendars pie is soo yummy & close to mom's!!
So it is pretty funny that you posted about this topic because a while ago I did a post called "why I blog" becuase my blog was under attack by people who thought that I "made my life better then it was..." OUCH... but I agree that if I wrote about all the times I was pissed at Spencer or how I had to work and all the other things that bug me on a day to day basis no one would want to read about me. Plus, how fun would be for my kids to read about how cranky I can get? It is nice to every once in a while have an "I hate today" post but every day... I mean seriously... and who is to judge a blog anyway? That is why I blog for me and me alone! WOW... can you tell I am touchy about this subject?
Post a Comment