Monday, September 1, 2008

A Good Excuse!!!

     I know a lot of you think that I have been a really lazy blogger.  I haven't been posting on a regular basis, I haven't been including pictures, etc.  Well I took several really cute pictures, and yes, even a video of Kendra opening her cell phone.  I also have some pictures of our camping trip to Ponds in Island Park, Idaho.  Unfortunately nobody will be able to view these photo's unless the thief who stole my camera is kind enough to post them on YouTube (this is an unlikely possibility).
     This got me to thinking wouldn't it be cool if there was a website that you could log onto and find your memory chips.  This would be a no questions asked site.  You would log on and locate your pilfered photo's.  Then you could arrange a deal with the thug.  Maybe the hooligan would simply ask for a ransom to be paid.  Maybe you could contrive a plan with the ruffian to make a trade.  I could trade my filled memory card for a blank memory card, along with all of the software, cords, rechargeable batteries, etc. that are no longer of any value to me now that the goon has stolen my camera.
     So anyway our truck got broken into at the campsite and my camera and Jonathan's camera were taken.  Jonathan's camera was in Kendra's purse and they left her purse behind on the trailer, along with Jonathan's insulin.  We were very grateful that we didn't have to go search for insulin that morning.  Kendra was really glad that she had taken her new cell phone into the tent with her that night.  So strangely enough, I do not have a camera in my possession at the time.  I think my family really enjoyed the photo free weekend.  So my future posts will not contain any photo's, unless I download something from the internet.  I thought about downloading a picture of a criminal, but I was too lazy.
     So does anyone have any suggestions as to what kind of a camera I should buy?

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

Nikon D60! I love mine! But be sure to get it at Inkleys, you get the free photo classes!!! That stinks they took your cameras. Grrrrrrrr.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh... That would make me so mad! I hate theives and at a campsite too... that is just rotten!

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

We just bought the Sony CyberShot. I love it so far; it has a really fast shutterspeed so I can catch those moments that pass by all too quickly! It stinks that your camera was stolen but what a fun excuse to get a new one!

Jacynthe said...

Jenny, my heart goes out to you!! I am so sorry you got your camera stolen. I am glad they left Jonna's insulin behind. That would have been a real stressful situation... As for the camera, of course I love mine.. It's a Sony DSLR N50. If you need help, I am sure Dale would be happy to find the best deal online. We got ours that way. Give him a buzz if you are interested.
Hope you had a fun time at Ponds.

Melissa said...

That is horrible, I didn't think people steal at campsites! Maybe the thief will blog about his brand new camera and post pictures...

Randy said...

Suggestion: Stop going to thug places for vacation. Idea for a camera: use Kendra's new cell phone. And yes, you are a lousy blogger lately. Still love you though...

tyler said...

sucks you got your cameras swiped. digital cameras are so common now that you can get some pretty sweet deals.

Lori said...

Sorry about your camera. I know if someone took mine, my life would be over. I have told you before if there is a fire in the house the first thing out is the scrapbooks, then the children!

Brittany said...

My diaper bag got stolen with my camera in it a while ago. It had photos too. I hate dishonest people... at last my thief may have found a dirty diaper too!