Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Haunted Ghoul Bus

I just bought this book at Barnes and Nobles. This is a really cute Halloween book. It rhymes and has the cutest pictures. I love picture books. I have collected them ever since I was a little girl. When I was about 14, I started writing "Jennifer's Children" on all of my picture books. Although I still love to read bedtime or any time stories to my children, I have come to realize that the one who enjoys it the most is me. I just love books.
I am always looking for new picture books. Here is a list of my top 5! (this was really hard for me to narrow down)

  1. Tikki Tikki Tembo by Arlene Mosel (one of my very favorites when I was little I think I had it memorized)
  2. I Love You Forever by Robert N. Munsch (this became my favorite when I became a mommy of a very naughty two year old)
  3. The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn (a friend gave this to me when Kendra started Kindergarten)
  4. The Quiltmaker's Gift by Jeff Brumbeau (a beautiful book about service)
  5. Let Me Hold You Longer by Karen Kingsbury (this book helped me through a tough time, when I thought I would never finish potty training someone)
  6. The Story of the Walnut Tree by Don H. Staheli (I love this picture book about our Prophet Gordon B. Hinckley )
  7. Where's My Bear by Jez Alborough (this is the best to read to little kids)
  8. I was so Mad by Mercer Mayer (I love all of his books, but this is the first one I ever read and it is my favorite it always makes me smile)
  9. You Are My I Love You by Maryann K. Cusimano (so sweet)
  10. Mommy do I have to go on a Mission by Toni Sorenson Brown (this book was illustrated by Jenny Curtis, I think that is kind of cool, it also has a sweet story)
That was really hard for me, next time I will do my top 100. So I am dying to know what your favorite picture books are. Post your top 10 on your blog, I can't wait for everyone to share!!!

4 comments:

Randy said...

Love your Top 5...er Top 10. Don't forget about some of my favorite children's books from a previous post of mine. :)

Karen said...

I just love the look of your new blog! Thanks for sharing all your fun books...All have to come over and read them sometime to see if they are really worth buying!

Jacynthe said...

Hi Jenny,
so glad you did this!! I will have to look these up.

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing your top 10 pic. books. I'll have to make a list on my reading blog.