Today Jonathan and I went on a little jog down memory lane. He had to go to Bear Lake to look at some jobs, so he took me along for the ride. We decided to drive to Bear Lake through Logan Canyon, because it is a lot more scenic. As we were driving we passed a little town called Mantua (Manaway).
Twenty-one years ago a on Memorial day
Jonathan and I, along with our friends Todd and Angela went for a ride on the motorbikes, and as we came up over a hill we looked down into a beautiful valley, that had a little lake. We were in Mantua. We went to a little store and got some oil for the bike, and then headed bak over the hill to Huntsville.
This is Jonathan at the counter talking to the friendly lady and the somewhat grumpy old guy that was eating crackers and drinking a soda. He warmed up a little after talking to Jonathan.
I was over rummaging through the Penny Candy. I thought it would be fun to bring a little sack back to the young-ins. There was quite the variety. Candy Rings, Lick-m-Sticks, candy lip sticks, Zotz, sixlets, Carmel-apple suckers, smarties, the old fashion nickel candy, chicklets, tootsie rolls, Pop Rocks, Pixie Stix, Zebra gum, (I haven't seen that forever) Sugar Daddies, Airheads, and then all of the normal stuff, also.
So after going to the little town of Mantua, I came home and looked up our little adventure in my journal from over 21 years ago. This is my journal entry dated May 29, 1989.
On Memorial Day Jonathan took me out to the cabin. We rode the motorbikes and Jonathan skied. More importantly I met his grandpa and other family members. Jonathan is a spitting image of Grandpa Curtis. I like his grandpa a lot he is real friendly. We rode the motorbikes all the way to a small town called Manaway (I didn't know the correct spelling at this time). The bikes needed some oil so we went to a little store.
We got home, well I mean to the cabin late. In fact everyone was gone except his parents and they left when we got there and took the dasher. So we drove the suburban home to good old Salt Lake. At my home we ordered a pizza and played Books and Runs with my dad, Gerald.
School is nearly over and Jonathan will be leaving on his mission real soon. Boy, does time fly by fast. It seems like yesterday we just met.
3 comments:
I love a stroll down memory lane it makes you wonder, where does the time go?
Cute! I remember when we first met Jonathan. We came to SLC to visit. It was right before Jonathan went on his mission, we all hiked up to Timpanogus caves and Jonathan carried Daniel on his shoulders,I think Daniel was 2. Melissa thought you two were such a perfect couple. She would call her Barbie and Ken "Jenny and Jonathan!
That little journal entry is so sweet.
(Man, you've blogged a lot and I didn't even know it...still catching up here.)
Post a Comment