I had a really wonderful day, and I know that it was because of my willingness to apply some of the principals that were taught yesterday in conference. Heavenly Father really does want us to keep it simple.
Tonight for our Family Activity, we each wrote down a phrase, person, thing ect. on a piece of paper. Then we took turns drawing a paper and acting it out. Some of our favorites were, a bald hamster, Napoleon Dynamite, Jake cheerleading while doing a rubix cube, and a Plumber (that's always a good one). This was such a simple activity, yet everyone had a good time. My goal is to try to do more simple activities. I think that the world wants us to think that in order to spend quality time together, we need to spend money. I know that these kind of memories will last longer than an ice cream from McDonalds or going to the movies together. I guess it really is about choosing between what is good and what is the best for your family!
The text for Elder Ballards talk
is available on Thursday.
I can't wait to read this talk again.
3 comments:
Jenny, I think you are right. I am excited to read the talk and remember everything! I love how he said to simplify, and cut back on kids activities! I am really going to try this more. Schedule less and enjoy more!! I also LOVED when he said we need to take time for US. I have alot of feelings on that one.
Hi Jenny,
I missed out on Conference and I am excited to read the talks this week. I finally had a chance to catch up on your blog. You are such a fun mom! Your children are blessed to have you as their mom. I am so glad you are my SIL :)
Hugs
Jenny thanks for the comment on my blog, you are a wonderful sister! I love you so much you are so inspiring to me! You always have such a positive attitude and always lift others up! You are just like Pollyanna always happy!!! Sometimes I feel like the crotchety old lady!!!
Post a Comment