So here are a few highlights!
- March 29, Sat. - Kendra and I went to the Young Women's Conference at the Conference Center. We went with some friends from our neighborhood. We ate dinner at Spaghetti Mama's after the meeting. The conference was so nice. It was wonderful to see the choir full of all the beautiful young women, modestly dressed. I love Kendra and the good example that she is to me. She is always busy working on her Personal Progress. She was the one who suggested getting the tickets and going downtown. I am so glad that we did this together. It was a wonderful evening.
- March 30, Sunday - I did sharing time for Primary. I am enjoying my calling as 2nd counselor in the Primary. We went for a Sunday drive (I did do a post about this).
- March 31, Monday - Kendra and Jake were home from school. We went to IHOP for breakfast. It is always fun spending time with them. Jonathan got Jazz tickets. We got to have dinner in the Jazz 100 Club. This was an incredible buffet. My favorite was the cracked crab claws.
- April 1, Tuesday - I am now a MaryKay Lady! This is not an April Fools Joke, I signed up for the make-up discount for Kendra and I. My big pink box of stuff came today!
- April 2, Wednesday - We went to the Jazz game with my brother Bryan and Carson, as VIP's! This included a dinner and free half time snacks. (see Carson's blog for details) We had a ton of fun and are thankful for the invitation.
- April 3, Thursday - I tried to accomplish a lot of my neglected housework. I also had to organize my food storage after all the bargain shopping that I have been up to (see Karen's blog for details).
- April 4, Friday - Jonathan had tickets for the Jazz game, I declined. I do not know how a person could attend every game, it was starting to feel a little bit like a job. Jonathan took Nicole to the game, they had a great Daddy Daughter Date! She came home so happy and excited.
- April 5, Saturday - I really enjoyed watching the morning session of Conference with my family. It was very sweet to be with all my children and husband as we participated in the sustaining of our new prophet. We are so thankful for our new prophet President Thomas S. Monson, he has a true testimony of service and I love to hear of all his experiences. That night Jonathan and Jake attended Priesthood meeting at the conference Center with Jonathan's father and brother Bryan (or as Jake calls them the locals). I was so touched to hear Jake report on how much he enjoyed going to the Conference Center and listening to the speakers. As a mother, I love to watch as the testimony of my children increases daily.
Well that is the week wrapped up. I am very excited to listen to conference tomorrow. I am excited to see what next week will bring. I am thankful for blogging and the awesome opportunity that gives me to be a better journal writer.
Wherefore, as ye are agents, ye are on the
Lord's errand; and whatever ye do according to
the will of the Lord is the Lord's business.
D&C 64:29
6 comments:
sounds like you have been a very busy girl. Your week sounds a lot funner than mine was!!!
You really are busy. So when do you get the pink Cadillac?
Jenny, I wanted to make sure you knew how exciting it was to get the fun little surprise in the mail (both of them!) I got a note in the mailbox for a parcel, and finally picked it up over the weekend. Love it! Thank you so much.
I was fun to see you girls on Saturday night and the funny part is that is was at Cafe Rio of all places! I think that is so funny! It sounds like you are a super busy mom and are having a great time! That is fun that you guys get so many Jazz tickets! I have only ever been to two games and Spencer has never been. I really should buy him some tickets!! LOL!!
I went to the conferrence too! as you can see on Amanda's blog. I really enjoyed it! It was all good!
Love Jalissa
P.S. Have Kendra add me!
Sounds like you had a busy week! I need Kendra's email! And tell her to invite me to her blog too!
Post a Comment