Saturday, June 21, 2008

South Jordan County Fest




Today the run started at 6:30.  My friend Stacy and her dad were also running.  I have not been running that much since I went on vacation.  It was really hard to wake up at 6:00 and head out the door, but as always I am so glad I did it.  Running makes me feel so good.

My time was 32:29.5 (10:27 Min/Mi)
49th place overall
9th in Women 35-39

They gave us this little card that printed out the above statistics.  I really like this because I am a statistic person.  Well here is some miscellaneous information about this race.

  • My number was 13 (this made me happy, because I always think of it as my lucky number!  It is my Birthday!)
  • They didn't hand out t-shirts, just a bag of random junk
  • I really liked the route.
  • A girl had on a t-shirt that said, "If you can read this we are still warming up"
  • I really considered walking, but didn't 
  • If you smile bugs get in your teeth
  • They ran out of cups for water at the finish line
  • I finished
  • Stacy's dad won 2nd place in his division
  • I love to run

I read in this book (I will find out the name of the book later)  that most people are running wrong.  It said that you need to try to run like a child.  You are supposed to run with your with your whole body and enjoy it more.  I tried this at the end of the race, and it might sound cheesy but it really worked.  I can't wait to run again.

No comments: