I came to the realization yesterday that I had not taken the time to share my political views with my children. Megan told me that they got a chance to vote at school for President. She asked me who I was voting for and I told her McCain. She told me that she was voting for Obama, because the other guy was too old and he would probably die and she didn't want that weird lady to be president. This made me chuckle, because I think the only exposure Megan has had to Sarah Palin is from Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live. So I told her some of the reasons I was going to vote for McCain, and she listened intently.
When she came home from school she had a little sticker on that said she had voted in the school election for President. I asked her who she voted for and she said, "I voted for the old guy." Too bad she voted for the loser!
4 comments:
Way to exercise your voting rights, Megan. Wait a few more years and it'll be official. :)
So funny.... It's to bad he looks so old and he's not black... Maybe if he was a young black boy he would of won...Maybe we can find a black republican to run next time or may a Chinese person! Then the media could go crazy and it would be another big event in history. Except the political debate might be a little hard to understand if it was a Chinese person... Maybe a Spanish speaking person would be better... Then all the illegals could vote!!!
Never mind African American or Chinese, I say: How about a spunky French Canadian next time!!!
Are their Spunky Chinese French Canadians? That could work!
Post a Comment